Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages Thanokines, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the Thanokines that are released. Thanokines can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that Thanokines play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine Biology for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our Exploratory Biology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an accomplished scientist with a strong track record and hands-on expertise in target/lead identification and validation methodologies. This individual will play a pivotal role in developing Inzen’s novel target discovery platform. They will be responsible for leading scientific projects and leveraging their expertise in cell and molecular biology methods across a broad spectrum of diseases to identify novel therapeutic targets. They will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will lead to novel drug concepts against these targets.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. They should be an innovative scientist, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Play a leading role in implementing Inzen's “Target discovery platform”
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and validate new drug targets using a range of modalities including genetic, small -molecules and biologics.
- Develop and implement lab infrastructure, including lab automation, screening formats, and data analyses to enable phenotypic screening and target identification.
- Drive novel science by establishing new methods, assays and applications in the study of cellular turnover.
- Deliver rigorous data packages and incisive analyses that inform and enable project progression.
- Collaborate with team members in Data Sciences, Drug discovery as well as the therapeutic areas of oncology, immunology and fibrosis to identify and validate new disease targets.
- Keep abreast of current literature and lead external collaborations.
- B.S./M.S. and 5 plus years industry experience or Ph.D. in Biology, Bio-engineering, chemical biology or related field
- Experience in target identification or lead identification using either genetic, small molecule or biologic modalities
- Hands-on expertise in developing and executing cell-based assays including reporter gene assays, cell proliferation assays, FRET, luminescence, ELISA/MSD/Luminex, etc.
- Familiarity with 384 well assay development and automated liquid handling
- Experience in developing quantitative high content imaging assays, including work-flow optimization and automated image acquisition and analysis is a considered a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages to many audiences.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.