Inzen Therapeutics was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine BiologyTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
The Position: Vice President, Strategy & Business Development
- Translate disease and market understanding into a vision for new medicines that address the most pressing areas of unmet need
- For each key disease area, develop a deep understanding of the wants and needs of patients, physicians, payers, and partners, and to be the voice of these stakeholders within Inzen
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key external scientific, medical, policy and payer thought leaders to ensure the highest quality inputs
- Implement process for target/program/disease state prioritization
- Conduct disease state opportunity assessments (epidemiology, burden of disease, available and pipeline therapies, current and future unmet needs)
- Generate financial modeling of value for platform and in specific diseases
- Build the business case (market opportunity, scientific rationale, TPP, timeline and resources, risks and considerations) required to optimize Inzen’s prioritization strategy
- Lead strategic key initiatives to maximize Inzen’s value proposition
- Identify and prioritize options for partnering Inzen’s data/platform/programs that align with defined strategy
- Identify and screen targets, initiate discussions and cultivate partner relationships
- Contribute to the development of Inzen’s BD pitch story (innovation story, value story, pitch deck)
- Together with the CEO to lead BD term negotiations
- Manage due diligence processes (e.g., inquiries, presentations, data room, Q&A response)
- Ensure excellent Alliance management for active partnerships
- Strong strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills
- Able to work with complexity and ambiguity to find creative solutions to problem
- Deep understanding of healthcare system economics, incentives and value drivers
- Ability to meld science, market insights, and competitive intelligence into compelling, value-creating strategies
- Track record of developing strong working relationships with R&D leadership and key staff
- Ability to lead by influence across disciplines and within cross-functional teams
- Recent performance of “doing”, not just managing, projects and deals
- Breadth of disease state and therapeutic area experience
- Creates an environment that encourages continuous innovation and thoughtful risk taking
- Strong self-starter who is able to work independently
- Curiosity to drive to next levels of insights, not afraid to ask questions, seamlessly moves between details and big picture
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.