Come join a creative and collaborative team of scientists dedicated to leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop a novel class of human therapeutics. In this role you will build a discovery DMPK organization and work closely with internal and external collaborators to define a preclinical path for robust translation to the clinic.
As an early member of a privately held, well-funded, early-stage platform biotechnology company you will have significant influence on the platform development and drug discovery process along with the ability to grow as the company continues to expand.
Flagship Labs 63 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, resources and grows first-in-category life science companies (including the now familiar drug and vaccine innovator, Moderna Therapeutics). The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where teams of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real-world ventures. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in >$19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and >50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Flagship’s portfolio companies include Moderna, Rubius Therapeutics, and Indigo Agriculture.
Our collaborative team is focused on advancing this exciting and important new therapeutic modality. Please apply if you feel that you can contribute to growing our team and advance our mission.
- Develop and implement a strategy for non-clinical DMPK that supports both drug discovery and preclinical and clinical development in collaboration with the Leadership Team
- Establish effective relationships with CROs and consultants
- Design, contract and manage CRO studies. Review study protocols and reports, interpret and communicate results
- Develop and apply a biomarker strategy for nonclinical development that can be translated into clinical development
- Work with CROs and internal resources to develop and qualify methods of assessing quantities of oligonucleotide and metabolites in cells and tissues
- Author, review and approve scientific reports that support regulatory documents
- Model in vitro and in vivo PD and PK to determine clinical dosing strategies
- Manage the DMPK organization and budget to meet company goals
- Operate as a willing collaborator in a matrix team environment
- Provide updates to the Leadership Team to define strategy/tactics and propose mitigation of roadblocks and risks
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD in biological sciences or a BS/MS with drug discovery or development experience working within or leading a DMPK group in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Expert knowledge of DMPK, ADME, and associated methods for assessment in the context of oligonucleotide drugs
- Excellent organizational skills, effective project manager and leader
- Must be capable of clear and concise written communication
Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
Creativity & Innovation. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation.
Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. ‘Wears multiple hats’ and is comfortable with ambiguity.