Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Research Associate will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory procedures related to isolation and purification of gene therapy vectors using a variety of purification methods. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory procedures including pipetting and aseptic technique.
- Perform various bench scale procedures including buffer preparation, cell lysis, centrifugation, filtration, and chromatographic separation
- Set up and maintenance of various purification equipment
- Familiarity with column chromatography
- Participate in experimental design and optimization.
- Perform various analytical procedures needed to support downstream process development activities. This includes SDS-PAGE and western blotting. Perform data analysis as needed.
- Participate in scale-up of developed processes and ultimate transfer to manufacturing.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams and communicate results (i.e., presentations, writing reports).
- Basic knowledge and application of theories, principles and techniques in protein and viral vector purification
- Previous experience working with purification and performing various analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE and western blotting is preferred.
- Familiarity with process development and molecular biology procedures such as qPCR and southern blotting is a plus.
- BS, MS or equivalent in a science program preferred (e.g. biology, chemistry, etc.)
- 2-5 years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.