Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a Research Associate in Analytical Development to join our Technical Operations team to establish and develop analytical methods and stable formulations for our platform. The Research Associate will be responsible for development and execution of analytical methods for characterization viral gene therapy vectors. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Perform a wide range of analytical biochemistry assays and other laboratory testing as required. Techniques include qPCR, ELISA, Western blotting, and protein assays.
- Operate and maintain standard laboratory equipment and department-specific equipment. Troubleshoot equipment within scope of experience.
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation. Contributes to the development of improved documentation processes.
- Use spreadsheet and word processing software to analyze data and produce accurate, concise data summaries.
- Assist in preparing experimental protocols, project summaries, and technical reports.
- Prepare written and oral reports for presentation to the supervisor(s) and at departmental meetings.
- Maintain reagent and equipment inventories, order supplies and clean laboratory areas, hoods and common equipment.
- Exercise technical discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies within defined parameters.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field and 0- 2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate records and excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong critical thinking, time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office and other relevant electronic systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot within scope of training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
- Occasionally projects require flexibility in work schedule to meet business needs.