Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity, Inc. is seeking an Associate Scientist with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience to join our Technology group. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to assist in the optimization and validation of new technologies and procedures and to generate data from various genomics-oriented workflows. The candidate must be creative and detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Work as a bench scientist to explore, evaluate and run primary proof of concept on cutting edge genomics technologies and assays
- Carry out process improvement of data generation workflows and procedures
- Prepare and sequence a range of NGS library types
- Perform experiments to optimize NGS assays
- Effectively document and communicate results and progress
- BS/MS or equivalent professional experience in genomics, molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or related field
- 1+ year(s) of relevant experience, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA purification, PCR/RT-PCR amplification, etc.) required
- Familiarity with genomics, DNA sequencing (in particular the Illumina platform), preparation of RNA-seq libraries is required; experience with single-cell RNA-sequencing is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Learn more about Cellarity at https://cellarity.com/