Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring is seeking a Director in Vector Core Operations to join our Technical Operations team to manufacture gene therapy vectors to support Research and Clinical teams. The candidate will work directly with a team of scientists on synthesis, purification, and scaling, to enable specific therapeutics areas. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Lead Vector Core activities to support Research and Clinical programs
- Manage upstream and downstream operations for the production of viruses, proteins, viral vectors
- Hire, manage and mentor staff. Plan and assign duties to meet departmental and organizational objectives. Provide guidance and direction to staff; establishes expectations, defining roles, supporting career development and managing performance.
- Lead strategy and initiatives for Technical Operations team, support upstream and downstream process development and analytical development.
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- M.S./PhD or equivalent in a relevant biological discipline and at least 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Deep knowledge of analytical assay development, qualification and validation requirements to comply with current regulatory standards
- Experience in directing the development and validation of molecular biology test methods not limited to PCR (qPCR, ddPCR), LC/MS, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, AUC, and cell-based potency assays
- Strong experimental skills, including cell culture, viral vectors, chromatography, data analysis Proficient in relevant analytical methodology, emerging new technologies, troubleshooting and problem solving
- Working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program