Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking an Associate Director of High Throughput Operations to provide critical therapeutic reagents to Tessera discovery and development teams. This person will oversee a team of scientists and engineers, responsible for therapeutic reagent generation using the latest innovative high throughput automation platforms. The platforms will include the rapid synthesis of mRNA, DNA and AAV reagents.
- Lead the high throughput automation team for therapeutic drug candidate reagent generation
- Build and lead a team of research associates and scientist
- Manage a small team to drive the automated production for 24/7 operations of novel and innovative therapeutics.
- Responsible for mentoring a team of scientists in the laboratory and supporting the design, execution and interpretation of experimental workflows for high throughput reagent production
- Maintain the quality of the reagent production and continuously look to improve methods and identify new technologies to increase efficiency and throughput.
- Write protocols and technical reports to support drug product clinical development.
- MS with 12+ years or PhD with 8+ years of relevant industrial experience. Degree emphasis in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Genetics or related field is preferred
- Technical understanding and experience in maintaining the operation workflows of a biopharmaceutical high throughput automated laboratory.
- Understanding of high throughput production for workflows including either mRNA, DNA or AAV viral particles.
- A proven track record of producing reagents in high throughput automated lab workflows within specified timelines.
- Experience of interaction and collaboration with discovery and process development teams.
- Understanding of the requirements for maintaining biologics reagent quality including requirements for product comparability.
- Experience in working with technology providers.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current therapeutic discovery and development process, especially in gene therapy, gene editing, mRNA, RNAi, or antisense
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- The ability to effectively influence the work of others
- Eager to work with highly skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Experience managing multiple bench researchers
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).