LARONDE is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 100 groundbreaking companies pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO) and Indigo Agriculture.
LARONDE is seeking a Director, Head of Computational Molecular Biology functional area within Platform Technologies to build and provide leadership for a team focusing on study, design and creation of novel large RNA constructs. The candidate will develop and lead implementation of strategies and algorithms toward eRNA sequence engineering, building understanding of eRNA structure activity relationships and high throughput construct design and optimization. The candidate will interface and collaborate with teams within Therapeutics areas, Discovery Biology, and Manufacturing groups to advance platform research and therapeutic area research programs. We are searching for driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the platform.
- Develop a team focused on innovative approaches to RNA sequence engineering
- Lead strategy and implementation of RNA construct design algorithms to drive programs in multiple disease areas utilizing variety of protein and peptide modalities
- Develop methods to drive understanding of eRNA structure effects on stability and translation
- Work closely with Therapeutic areas, Discovery Biology, and Manufacturing teams to drive discovery and development efforts
- Provide scientific leadership by coordinating teams across diverse backgrounds
- Oversee and provide scientific direction to multiple direct reports
- Establish and oversee external project and scientific collaborators and contract research organizations
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature, attending conferences, and developing relationships with thought leaders
- Work closely with an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, interdisciplinary team and actively contribute to creating, shaping and executing the scientific vision of the company
- PhD+ 7 years relevant experience, MS+12 years industry experience or equivalent in computational biology, data science, molecular biology, bioinformatics or related field
- In depth expertise with RNA and DNA sequence design and optimization
- Familiar with RNA structure analysis
- Experience with NGS data, analysis, and tools
- Strong scientific coding skills
- Strong expertise in molecular biology
- 5-10 years of experience developing technology platforms for therapeutic programs in industry
- Experience with developing strategic timelines and executing successful on corporate goals
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Strong management experience and success in developing a scientific team and program
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.