What if… you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the Communications and Public Affairs team at Flagship Pioneering helping coordinate activity across the entire unit. The successful candidate will be super organized, able to work independently, and to switch gears quickly. This individual will play a critical in a growing and dynamic team executing exciting and fast paced work. This position is full-time and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts reporting to the Director, Communications and Public Affairs.
- Provide scheduling and calendar management support to Communications and Public Affairs team
- Organize schedule of internal team meetings, support preparation of agenda, and capture notes and next steps
- Coordinate production of meeting materials, presentations, and various ad hoc projects
- Book and coordinate travel and accommodation as needed
- Assist with processing of invoices and expenses
- Manage file organization and storage for the team
- Liaise with other Flagship operations units around shared priorities
- Support for special projects such as events, proofreading, research
- Maintain and update press and media contact CRM
- Bachelor’s degree required with successful administrative experience in a fast-paced large enterprise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels demonstrating tact and discretion
- Keen attention to detail, organized and able to seamlessly multitask
- Resourceful problem-solving
- Adaptable with a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with communications and marketing a plus
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.