What if… you could tell the story of an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform human health and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life science platform companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2 billion in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the Communications and Public Affairs team to manage the day-to-day digital communications for Flagship Pioneering as well as pitching in as needed for its portfolio partners. The successful candidate will be fluent in digital and social tools from content management to social posting, able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and flexible with strong multi-tasking skills to manage competing priorities.
This position requires strong writing skills and communications acumen in addition to digital tool mastery. This position is full-time and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Assist in the management of the Flagship Pioneering website, with regular updating to reflect industry and portfolio news, and keeping consistent with branding and messaging.
- Manage Flagship’s social media efforts by developing editorial calendars and engaging content, planning outreach during campaigns, tracking metrics, reporting findings.
- Manage a living document of social media guidelines and best practices.
- Develop and manage an overall content calendar across platforms including Flagship website.
- Develop compelling original content across digital and web platforms, and ensure that all communications are consistent with scientific accuracy.
- Support the creation and sharing of graphics and interactive content, including assistance in producing videos and photography.
- Support audience engagement for the podcast series, from website metadata to assisting with partnerships and distribution platforms
- Track and analyze data to help assess progress toward reaching strategic goals, increase audience engagement, and find unique ways to engage followers that advance organizational needs.
- Produce monthly reports that measure open/click-through rate reports, Google Analytics, social media growth, and other campaign data for monthly reports
- Provide digital support for major events for Flagship and portfolio partners.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Digital Communications, interact with vendors such as graphic designers and printers
- 4+ years experience in creating content for digital experiences: social media platforms, websites, email, ideally in a marketing or communication environment
- Familiarity with social media publishing and measurement platforms, including paid social campaigns
- Strong aptitude for visual and interactive content creation in addition to text-based content
- Experience with web content management systems, Craft CMS a plus
- Familiarity with content creation tools (Adobe suite, Canva, etc.)
- Experience with analytics software, Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics, as well as social media platform reporting
- Willingness to learn new software and platforms as needed
- Excellent communication skills including attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks
- Ability to handle competing and/or tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Consummate team player, with excellent judgment and the ability to work well with a distributed team and independently
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.