Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a Research associate to help support the lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulation process and produce LNP-encapsulated RNAs and plasmids to support company’s in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical studies. In addition, the successful candidate will support the execution of characterization assays LNP batches. The ideal candidate will be proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with a strong background in formulation process development and in LNP characterization.
- Assist in the lipid nanoparticle formulation process
- Formulate RNAs and plasmids to support company’s in vitro and pre-clinical studies
- Perform routine analytical testing to characterize formulations in stability studies
- Maintain thorough and detailed electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering and receiving of lab supplies
- BS/MS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related discipline
- 1-2 years of academic or industrial research experience preferred
- Knowledge of nucleic acid chemistry and biology is a plus
- Knowledge of process scale up/scale down
- Knowledge of GMP and GLP regulations is a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly self-motivated individual who is agile and has strong scientific rigor
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).