Tessera Therapeutics is an early-stage life sciences company pioneering Gene Writing, a new biotechnology designed to offer scientists and clinicians the ability to write small and large therapeutic messages into the genome, thereby curing diseases at their source. Gene Writing holds the potential to become a new category in genetic medicine, building upon recent breakthroughs in gene therapy and gene editing while eliminating important limitations in their reach, utilization, and efficacy. Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a life sciences innovation enterprise that conceives, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability.
Tessera Therapeutics is seeking a Scientist in RNA production process & analytical development. You will support process development for in vitro transcription, modification, and purification of RNAs to support Tessera's pre-clinical efforts. We seek scientists that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. The successful candidate should have strong communication and collaboration skills. Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and documentation skills are highly desirable.
- Lead process development and scaleup efforts of enzyme catalyzed reactions such as restriction digestion, invitro transcription (IVT) and mRNA purification.
- Automate synthesis and purification of mRNA.
- Analyze mRNA quality by nanodrop, tape station or fragment analyzer, HPLC etc.
- Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
- Deliver reproducible results under ambitious timelines
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- PhD (with 0-3 year of post-graduate experience) in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or related discipline.
- Understanding of in vitro transcription (IVT) and handling mRNA at bench and large scale
- Experience using analytical technologies including capillary electrophoresis, qPCR, ELISA, or a desire to learn
- Experience with handling of automated systems like Hamilton, Bravo etc.
- Experience with Design of Experiment (DOE) statistical tools for process improvement.
More About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has, through its Flagship Labs unit, applied its unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $50B in aggregate value. To date, Flagship has deployed over $2.2B in capital toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $18B of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics (NASDAQ: FHTX), Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Sigilon Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SGTX).