Flagship Labs 63 Inc. (FL63) is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage platform biotechnology company that is leveraging emerging insights in RNA biology to develop a novel class of human therapeutics.
FL63 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, resources and grows first-in-category life science companies. The firm’s institutional innovation foundry, Flagship Labs, is where teams of scientific entrepreneurs systematically evolve ideas and turn previously undiscovered areas of science into real-world ventures. Flagship has created over 100 scientific ventures resulting in >$19 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and >50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Flagship’s portfolio companies include Moderna, Rubius Therapeutics, and Indigo Agriculture.
FL63 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire a highly motivated and experienced research associate to join our Cell Biology team for performing cell/molecular biology assays to support the drug discovery program. A successful candidate will have a BS or MS in biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline with at 3+ years of laboratory research experience in an industry setting. The candidate should be able to work effectively in a team-oriented group and is accustomed to consistently delivering high-quality data on a timeline.
- Routinely culture mammalian and primary cells in support of various cell-based assays.
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including the generation of stable reporter cells, immunofluorescence, qPCR, and luciferase assay.
- Develop and execute the pipeline cell biology assays to triage/prioritize the oligonucleotides under the guideline of SOP.
- Participate in high throughput cell-based assay development.
- Participate in the design of experiments, perform, analyze, and document laboratory experiments.
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines.
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, cell line development, characterization, and optimization. Proficient in DNA/RNA delivery by transfection, transduction, and electroporation.
- Strong expertise on assay design, automation, optimization, validation, and implementation of routine cell-based assay to support drug discovery program.
- Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques, such as molecular cloning, nanodrop, qPCR, Western blot, In Situ Hybridization, immunofluorescence imaging.
- Experience with electron laboratory notebook (ELN), SOP development, and reagent management.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivation to learn new scientific techniques and to work in a team environment is necessary.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with primary human and mouse hepatocytes culture.
- Experience with medium/high throughput small molecule screening using bioluminescent assay or high content imaging assay.
- Experience in technique for genetic manipulation using siRNA, lentiviral, and CRIPSR technology.
- Fast-acting/efficient. Moves quickly and proactively with a strong work ethic to produce high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment. Focuses on key priorities. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully. Follows-through on commitments. Expects a high level of personal performance and team performance.
- Critical thinking. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to proficiently understand new information and independently achieve meaningful outcomes. Able to structure and process qualitative/quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions.
- Creativity & Innovation. Generates new and creative approaches to problem solving. Positive ‘can-do’ attitude. Views the toughest challenges as the greatest opportunities for personal growth and company innovation.
- Teamwork. Fully engaged in facilitating personal and team success. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the team to establish an overall collaborative work environment. Often solicits and responds well to constructive feedback. Possesses good written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely convey ideas and opinions.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing strategic and tactical priorities. Comfortable with ambiguity.