Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first redosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
We are seeking an experienced Lab Operations Manager with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills. The Lab Manager plays a vital role in the overall safety of the laboratory and is responsible for managing the daily operations of the lab. Laboratory organization duties will include implementing a system to catalog materials, maintaining an inventory of laboratory supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt. The Lab Manager will collaborate with R&D members to provide general support with their studies. This individual will join a dynamic, rapidly growing, and highly collaborative team that combines significant biologic drug discovery experience with pioneering discoveries driving a novel biological platform.
Laboratory operations may include but are not limited to:
- Requisition of new reagents, materials and equipment
- Maintaining lab equipment
- Building and maintaining lab databases
- Managing the inventory and organization of capital equipment and supplies.
- Manage staff who helps to execute many of the day-to-day tasks in the lab such as ordering and receiving of materials.
- Onboard and offboard new employees including conducting the orientation and annual safety training for all lab personnel
- Contribute to the management of the operational budget
- Implement and maintain a sample management system to track samples
- Manage the supply of gasses such as liquid nitrogen and CO2
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers
- Ensure electronic notebook compliance and record keeping
- Oversee the overall lab organization and cleanliness
- Work with Safety Partners to make sure that the safety protocols in place are followed and to keep chemical and biological waste storage in compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science program preferred (e.g. biology, chemistry, etc.)
- 4+ years of laboratory management skills with preference given to industry experience
- Successful track record in laboratory and team management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as biosafety and/or chemical safety officer
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Eager to work with highly-skilled and dynamic teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Must be willing to come in off hours to deal with lab emergencies.