Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring Thanocrine SignalingTM as a surprising and important driver of disease. While communication between living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified Thanocrine SignalingTM as a form of communication between dying and living cells. The way a cell dies matters, and we have found that this process plays an under-appreciated role in a variety of diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanocrine SignalingTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Drug Discovery group, which is focused on translating new targets and first-in-class drug concepts into novel therapeutics to treat serious diseases based on new Inzen’s new insights into the consequences of cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist with a strong knowledge of assay development. (S)he will be responsible for developing assays to support drug discovery projects. They will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will support the development of novel drug candidates against these targets.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. (S)he should be a skilled scientist, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop cellular assays to support drug discovery projects across multiple therapeutic areas
- Ensuring delivery of robust high and medium throughput assays to support drug discovery through internal group and CRO relationships
- Management of assay CROs
- Work with a multiple disciplinary team including chemists, DMPK experts, toxicologists, and translational scientists on progressing small molecules and antibodies into clinical development.
- PhD degree with up to 4 years’ experience or BS or MS degree with 10 years Experience developing robust medium to high throughput assays
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages to many audiences
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented
- Experience in oncology or immunoncology is a plus