About Omega Therapeutics:
Omega Therapeutics is a privately-held, development-stage biotechnology company pioneering the field of epigenomic programming to precisely regulate and control the human genome to treat and cure disease. Omega’s breakthrough science has enabled it to tap into nature’s universal operating system, that epigenetically controls the human genome, to target the most fundamental genomic processes which fuel cellular growth, differentiation, and gene expression. Omega Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering in 2017 and currently has eight programs in various stages of preclinical development. The Company is strategically pursuing specific disease targets that have not been successfully addressed through conventional modalities, including liver disease, serious inflammatory conditions, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and certain oncology indications, among others. Omega’s mission is to transform medicine and deliver the therapies of tomorrow.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Scientist / Principal Research Associate (commensurate with experience) to join our cancer genomics discovery team. The successful candidate will assist in the development and advancement of our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be a scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, and conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with senior project scientists and other research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Utilize technical knowledge of cell and molecular biology tools to support platform build and therapeutic program development with a focus on genomic sequencing-based assays
- Must be comfortable following developed protocols, but a demonstrable ability to learn and assist in developing new techniques and assays
- Provide support for cell-based assays and optimization of new sequencing-based protocols
- Assist in management of day-to-day laboratory operations including maintenance of equipment, as well as reagent tracking, ordering, and receiving
- Well versed in techniques that include but are not limited to mammalian cell culture, transfections, RNA/DNA/protein isolation and analysis, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, ChIP, and bisulfite conversion
- Detail oriented and comfortable working with high-throughput assay formats
- Working knowledge of chromatin and/or epigenetics
- Previous experience in next-generation sequencing techniques is a plus
- Strong presentation and excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with diligent notetaking, ELN records and adherence to SOPs
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
- Highly adaptable and responsive to technical and business opportunities - comfortable delivering against challenging project needs and timelines
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (RA) in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Biology or a related field; PhD (Scientist) in Cell or Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cancer Biology or a related field
- 1-3+ years industry experience