Flagship Labs 78 (FL78) is a well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering an innovative approach to therapeutic discovery and development. FL78 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), and Editas Medicines (EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL78 is seeking an experienced molecular biologist to develop, perform and analyze experiments to evaluate new pathways using human cellular models to discover new targets in a broad range of disease-related models. This role requires a results-driven attitude with a sharp focus on quantifiable outcomes and attention to detail that will drive relentless innovation and optimization. The position will require creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. We are searching for experienced, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for individuals to join our early team as one of the first five employees. We are interested in candidates that take an innovative and systematic approach to science and are excited to grow and be challenged. An ideal candidate would be curious, determined, impact-driven and interested in therapeutic development. FL78 is a female-led venture, particularly interested in fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Please apply if you are ready to join a dynamic team, have determination to succeed at the bench, and are willing to grow into a leadership role in the company as it expands.
- Establish and perform molecular assays especially next generation sequencing (NGS)-derived assays
- Collaborate closely the microfluidics and biology teams to design assays
- Develop processes for high throughput library generation and analysis
- Generate and analyze high diversity plasmid libraries
- Analyze, interpret and communicate scientific insights to the scientific team and executive management
Desired Experience and Skills:
- PhD in molecular biology or related disciplines
- Deep experience in high throughput molecular biology, including advanced molecular cloning techniques
- Experience in NGS library processes including single cell library preparation, sequencing, and analysis
- Experience in high diversity DNA library generation and analysis
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is a plus
- Bioinformatics and statistics skills, including experience with Python or Matlab
- Experience with high-throughput screening is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results independently and collaboratively
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multi-tasking and trouble-shooting
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.