Flagship Labs 78 (FL78) is a well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering an innovative approach to therapeutic discovery and development. FL78 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), and Editas Medicines (EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL78 is seeking an immunologist to drive early discovery efforts. The ideal candidate has a strong background in T and B cell biology, with experience with animal vaccinations and immune cell culture and characterization. The position will require creativity, resourcefulness, and adaptability. We are seeking experienced, innovative and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for individuals to join our early team as one of the first five employees. We are interested in candidates that take an innovative and systematic approach to science and are excited to grow and be challenged. An ideal candidate would be curious, determined, impact-driven and interested in therapeutic development. FL78 is a female-led venture, particularly interested in fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. Please apply if you are ready to join a dynamic team, have determination to succeed at the bench, and are willing to grow into a leadership role in the company as it expands.
- Oversee animal immunizations and primary B cell isolation and characterization
- Create and maintain primary and reporter cell lines in culture
- Develop, perform, optimize and analyze high-throughput cell-based assays
- Manage critical data and communicate results through lab notebooks, reports and presentations
Desired Experience and Skills:
- PhD in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or related discipline
- Deep experience in B cell biology
- Experience with standard immunology assays (flow cytometry, FACS, ELISA, secretion)
- Familiarity with NGS and single-cell sequencing is a plus
- Thrives in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced work environment
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.