LARONDE is an early-stage biotechnology company with the mission to become the leader in the development of nucleic acid medicines by leveraging its multi-modality eRNA platform. LARONDE has established a powerful technology exploiting the properties of naturally occurring eRNAs allowing the development of therapies with exceptional precision and durability of expression to address unmet needs across multiple disease areas.
LARONDE was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. LARONDE Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
LARONDE is seeking an enthusiastic Scientist to join our expanding research team. The candidate will work closely with a Senior Scientist in the eRNA sciences team to design and execute experiments to advance our novel nucleic acid-based therapeutic platform.
- Drive the design, synthesis and characterization of novel large nucleic acids for therapeutic applications
- Design, execute and troubleshoot biochemical and cell-based assays to evaluate nucleic acid potency
- Collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate discovery to preclinical proof-of-concept and IND-enabling studies
- Manage experiments conducted through contract research organizations
- Develop strategies to ensure effective achievement of broader company scientific objectives
- Provide guidance to other members of the platform team
- Report experimental plans and results to the scientific and leadership teams
- Proactively review literature to contribute to new ideas and technologies
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, Virology, or related field, with an emphasis in nucleic acid research (e.g. DNA, mRNA, aptamers)
- Experience in translatable RNA is preferred
- Experience in cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry and/or assay development
- Experience in RNA biology techniques including in vitro transcription and molecular biology techniques including PCR, qPCR, ELISA and Western blotting
- A strong self-starter, independent thinker, with strong attention to detail
- Experience managing scientists
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Confident, execution focused, team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment