Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
To fulfill the mission of Serqet Therapeutics, the Computational Biology & Data Science team is looking for a leader to advance the utilization of machine learning and causal inference as a core member of a team of data scientists and engineers to better understand disease for the development of new medicines. You will develop solutions for challenging medical and biological problems utilizing data from electronic medical records, medical claims, imaging, clinical notes, clinical trials and internally generated data. Success of the role requires being highly collaborative working with interdisciplinary scientists across genetics, computational biology, biology, translation and chemistry in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Lead teams of data scientists solving core problems in identification and definition of disease
- Deep domain expert leading the development and adoption of advanced machine learning and causal inference frameworks and methods
- Keeping self & company emersed in newest developments in field and implementing where appropriate
- Core member of the scientific leadership team
- Collaborate with statistical genetics and computational biology to get to testable therapeutic hypotheses
- Collaborate with pre-clinical and clinical teams to inform development programs
- PhD in computer science, statistics, physics, computational biology or related fields
- Deep knowledge and experience of development in at least two of the following areas:
- Probabilistic graphical models
- Deep learning (CNN, RNN, GAN, VAE)
- Transfer learning
- Causal inference
- Extensive development experience with ML frameworks (i.e. Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark, etc.)
- Strong coding skills (R/Python/SQL) and experience with collaborative software development (i.e. Git)
- Experienced and comfortable with cloud computing environment (AWS)
- Experience analyzing health care data including medical/pharmacy claims, EHR, registries, etc.
- Knowledge of clinical data standards and ontologies including ICD, SNOMED, UMLS, etc.
- Knowledge of text analytics and natural language processing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Experience collaborating with computational biologists and statistical geneticists
Flagship Pioneering and our ecosystem companies are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.