Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Director in Immunology/Immuno-oncology Discovery Research to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule candidates to IND and early clinical studies. The candidate will lead all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs, providing strategic, scientific, and technical leadership. S/he will contribute deep scientific know-how and expertise in immunology and will develop strategies, formulate and explore hypotheses and interpret results from integrated analyses of molecular, clinical and pathological data in collaboration with AI teams. The successful candidate will work closely with the Cellarity leadership team and scientists, as well as the Flagship Pioneering team to rapidly advance the drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The Program Leader in Immunology/Immuno-oncology Research will direct all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs
- Play a leading role in selecting new indications in this space for exploratory work (in addition to driving existing projects)
- Work cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds which address the unmet medical need in various disease indications within the Immunology/Immuno-oncology area.
- Build and manage an attractive program portfolio and help to establish Cellarity as a recognized and competitive company in the Immunology/Immuno-oncology area
- Actively support and pursue necessary external collaborations
- Lead and manage initially 3-4 direct reports and grow the team to appropriately resource a growing program pipeline
- The PL will be expected to interface with various teams at Cellarity: Medicinal Chemistry, AI, Technology, Exploratory Biology, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology, Regulatory and Medicine) and with the Cellarity leadership team
- PhD scientist in biology/pharmacology fields with profound knowledge of Immunology/Immuno-oncology across multiple indications
- Previous relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 10 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development in this space
- Ideally strong experience in Pharmacology and Physiology
- Scientific curiosity and ability to think beyond a particular disease indication
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Led at least 2 small mol programs from early discovery to IND in Immunology/Immuno-oncology -experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership experience with both line management and matrix environment