FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking highly dynamic and innovative candidate to pioneer and lead our multi-omics discovery platform. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in molecular and protein biology with experience managing and innovating around cell/molecular biology assays centered on the application of next-generation sequencing and cutting-edge proteomics technologies to therapeutic discovery from primary human tissues. The candidate will be working closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early stage company platform, vision and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Design, develop and evaluate large scale next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based studies to discover and evaluate therapeutic targets from primary human tissues
- Create a best-in-class Discovery Platform team that innovates and brings ideas to fruition
- Drive innovation surrounding NGS and proteomics-based omics technologies
- Lead efforts to adopt and advance ancillary technology across the platform as well as automation
- Generate high quality datasets for machine learning & therapeutic discovery from various disease tissues and experimental settings
- Provide leadership and overall management of technical teams
- Working closely across disciplines and project teams to support technology integration
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 8+ years of postdoc and industrial experience.
- Experience in developing state-of-the-art NGS and/or multi-omics assays, such as high-multiplex protein assays, novel massively parallel encoded library assays, or the like.
- Demonstrated record of success in developing novel technologies.
- Experienced at hiring and managing a talented scientific team.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, translate strategy to research initiatives, and drive for results.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, and organized.
- Strong collaborator with ability to manage interdisciplinary and cross-functional teams.