FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a dynamic and innovative candidate to build and lead FL69's Functional Genomics group with responsibility for discovery of new therapeutic targets and the development of world-class target discovery platforms, such as CRISPR screening and high-throughput protein interaction assays platform. This individual will be responsible for assembling and leading a team with expertise spanning molecular biology, cell biology, cell engineering, assay development, screening operations, automation, data analysis, and new technology development. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Design, develop and evaluate medium/large-scale functional genomic screens, including selecting or developing the screening approaches, innovating on new technology platforms and working with the computational team on screen analysis
- Collaborate with our Discovery Engine teams to develop assay and screening strategies, model systems, and target validation strategies to identify new targets
- You will be responsible for delivering targets for new drug discovery programs and collaborating with leaders across the research organization to advance the programs
- You will be a champion of ideas for new target discovery projects
- Build, lead and mentor a team of highly disciplinary team of scientists and technology developers
- PhD in a biological discipline with at least 8-10 years of relevant experience in an industry (preferred) or academic setting.
- An outstanding reputation in your field as a creative scientist, a technology innovator, and as a dynamic leader.
- Deep expertise in cell and molecular biology and experience with state-of-the-art functional genomics screening technologies including contemporary expertise with CRISPR technologies used for genome-wide screens
- Extensive experience with cell-based assay development and screening using a variety of readout technologies.
- Strong quantitative intuition, excellent data analysis and data mining skills, and experience and comfort with laboratory automation.
- Direct supervisory experience (5+ years) leading a team of scientists (including PhD-level scientists) and a track record of recruiting, mentoring, and developing top talent.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, networking, and project leadership skills.