Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a viral immunology senior research associate to join the Platform and Biology team to help develop new DNA medicine technologies. This experienced BS or MS-level researcher will be responsible for characterizing the immune profiles of our Anellovectors™. The senior research associate will work as part of a team to design, perform, analyze, and document experiments. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing the immune profile of viruses and/or viral vectors and be motivated to produce conclusive results. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the viral platform development.
- Conduct assays to characterize the immune response to viral vectors
- Perform, troubleshoot, and analyze virology and viral immunology experiments to support company objectives
- Maintain electronic lab notebooks, and communicate results to the scientific team
- Work independently and collaborate with scientific colleagues in support of team goals
- Adhere to laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in virology, immunology, or a closely related field
- 2 years (Master’s) or 4 years (Bachelor’s) of immunology/virology research experience in an academic or industry setting
- Experience with
- humoral immunology assays (ELISA, virus neutralization, etc…)
- cellular immunology assays (ELISpot, ICS, etc…)
- classical virology techniques including virus culture, isolation (e.g., via centrifugation methods, including isopycnic), and quantification (infectivity, transduction assays, plaque assays, TCID, etc…)
- processing tissue samples for viral DNA, RNA, or protein
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Demonstrated ability to work with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.