FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a Sr. Scientist to join and lead our discovery platform which is focused on large scale discovery rooted in the regulation of RNA translation. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in molecular and protein biology with experience performing and analyzing cell/molecular biology assays centered on next-generation sequencing technologies, working with primary human tissues, and must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment. Experience with next-generation sequencing with material from primary tissues, namely RiboSeq, is desired. A strong background in RNA and translation biology is a plus. The candidate will be working closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early stage company platform, vision and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Hand-on expertise in molecular and cellular techniques to assay nucleic acid and protein expression, and cell phenotypes
- Design, execute and evaluate large scale next-generation sequencing (NGS)-based studies such as RiboSeq and RNASeq to discover and evaluate therapeutic targets from primary human tissues
- Test key data-driven hypotheses around protein translation through the use of functional genomics tools
- Keep abreast of current literature and potentially lead external collaborations
- PhD or MS with multiple years industry experience or equivalent in Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Strong cellular and molecular biology background
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled, intellectually diverse teams in an industry environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery and target validation platform
- Mastery in one or more next generation sequencing platforms (i.e. Illumina, Nanopore) with a deep knowledge of RNA-centric NGS methods including RNA-seq, Ribo-seq, eCLIP, RNA chemical probing (i.e. SHAPE-MaP, DMS-MaP-seq) or equivalent
- Experience with isolation of nucleic acids from human primary tissues
- Demonstrated industry experience or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution, focused and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in, and leading a team
- >3 years of industry experience or equivalent in cell and molecular biology, protein biology or related field.
- Deep understanding of transcription and translation
- Hands-on experience building and implementing CRISPR-based libraries for high-throughput screens
- RiboSeq of primary human tissue
- Experience troubleshooting protein expression in mammalian cells
- Experience with processes and techniques in the study of noncoding RNA and/or translational regulation, such as ribosome profiling and miRNA regulation
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.