FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a Sr. Scientist to pioneer our functional genomics platform. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in molecular and protein biology with extensive experience performing and analyzing cell/molecular biology assays, and must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Develop and implement molecular and cellular techniques to generate and functionally characterize proteins and cell phenotypes in both in vitro and in vivo studies
- Test key data-driven hypotheses around protein translation and cellular function
- Keep abreast of current literature and potentially lead external collaborations
- Regularly communicate with the rest of the FL69 team
- PhD with multiple years of experience in Molecular and Cell Biology
- Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled and intellectually diverse teams in an industry or academic environment
- Driven to develop a transformative therapeutic discovery and target validation platform
- Extensive hands-on expertise in molecular and cellular techniques to generate and functionally characterize proteins and cell phenotypes in both in vitro and in vivo studies
- Strong molecular biology and protein biology background with extensive hands-on experience with cell-based and molecular biology assays with a variety of readout technologies, such as, but not limited to flow cytometry, qPCR, Western Blot, ELISA, and high-content imaging
- Extensive experience with expression construct design, cloning and introduction into the model system/cell line, including, but not limited to, transfection, transduction, and electroporation
- Extensive experience in lentiviral construct design and expression technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience in cloning technologies, including Gibson, USER or other relevant cloning strategies
- Demonstrated industry or academic achievement, as evidenced by publications in high impact journals, conference proceedings, or widely used codebase
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Confident execution, focused and team-oriented with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaborative skills with evidence of working in, and leading a team
- 3+ years of industry experience or equivalent in cell and molecular biology, protein biology or related field.
- Deep understanding of transcription, translation, and cell signaling
- Familiarity with and hands-on experience in CRISPR-based genomic perturbation approaches.
- Understanding of and experience in protein mass spectrometry.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.