FL69 Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company with the vision to revolutionize the human therapeutic landscape. FL69 Inc. was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. FL69 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
FL69 is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our discovery engine. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in molecular biology with extensive experience preparing next generation sequencing (NGS) libraries, and must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment. The candidate will work closely with the FL69 origination team to establish the early-stage company platform, vision, and processes. The ideal candidate must be independent, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills, be motivated to learn new skills, and be driven to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- Prepare and sequence a range of NGS library types to support discovery pipeline
- Perform experiments to optimize NGS assays
- Process improvement of current workflows and procedures in creative and effective ways
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to solve complex problems
- Effectively document and communicate results and progress to the FL69 Team
- BS/MS (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or related field
- 1+ year(s) of relevant experience, preferably within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA purification, PCR/RT-PCR amplification, etc.) required
- Familiarity with the preparation and sequencing of RNA-seq libraries (Illumina) desirable; experience with RiboSeq, polysome profiling, CLIP-seq is a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively as part of a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computers, databases, and working in a Windows/Mac environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team required
- Must be flexible and willing to work across multiple projects and technology platforms in a fast-paced, rapidly changing scientific environment
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.