Founded by Flagship Pioneering, Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity, Inc. is seeking a Research Associate with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience to join our Technology group. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to generate data from various genomics-oriented workflows and assist in the optimization and validation of new technologies and procedures. The candidate must be creative, detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- Prepare and sequence a range of NGS library types to support company objectives
- Work to ensure Production goals and requirements are met
- Perform experiments to optimize NGS assays
- Process improvement of current workflows and procedures in creative and effective ways
- Work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team to solve complex problems
- Effectively document and communicate results and progress
- BS/MS (or equivalent) in molecular biology, biochemistry, biology or related field
- 1+ year(s) of relevant experience, preferably within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA/RNA purification, PCR/RT-PCR amplification, etc.) required
- Familiarity with the preparation and sequencing of RNA-seq libraries (Illumina) desirable; experience with single-cell RNA-sequencing a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical and scientific issues
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and cooperatively as part of a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computers, databases, and working in a Windows/Mac environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work as part of a team required
- Must be flexible and willing to work across multiple projects and technology platforms in a fast-paced, rapidly changing scientific environment
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto