We are seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, and strategic Contract Talent Acquisition Recruiter who will be a member of Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Head Talent Acquisition, s/he will be responsible for driving talent acquisition efforts with key Flagship Partners to build companies from the ground up until the companies spin off into the Flagship Ecosystem. S/he will leverage technology and proactively discover new and innovative channels for identifying top talent with a view on both short and long-term needs.
About Flagship Pioneering
Flagship Pioneering, a leading life sciences firm based in Boston, conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, Flagship has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS). In March of 2020, Flagship closed a $1.1 billion capital raise for its seventh Origination Fund to support the creation of additional groundbreaking companies originated and operating within its Flagship Labs unit.
- A full cycle recruiter, s/he will provide an efficient and high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer stage including, evaluating skill level, driving the interview and (often complex) offer process, reference checks, compensation recommendations and the closing of candidates
- Serve as a trusted Talent Business Partner by building strong relationships with hiring managers, HR and finance to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process
- Partner with hiring managers to thoroughly understand the company goals, build talent sourcing strategies and execute with a sense of urgency
- Effectively manage external search/sourcing partners/research firms as needed.
- Ensure strategic use of talent systems (ATS, CRM, AI Talent Platform)
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of hiring practices and suggest best in class process improvements along the way.
- Utilize, update and maintain Talent Acquisition tools and systems, e.g., ATS, CRM
- Establish and utilize recruiting reports, metrics and analytics to keep all stakeholders informed throughout the recruiting process as well as to identify trends, manage performance and measure TA effectiveness to ensure efficiency and quality of the hiring process
- Identify and champion new and innovative approaches to diversity and inclusion
- 6+ years recruiting/sourcing experience preferably in G&A within the biotechnology/pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Proven ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting and hiring process from end to end
- Strong business acumen with a deep understanding of how great talent impacts business strategy
- Proven success at building strong credible advisory relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated professional who has a strong work ethic, agility, and grit to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, innovative often ambiguous environment and is driven by results
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with developing recruiting strategies and executing innovate sourcing strategies, techniques, tools and results e.g. direct sourcing/cold calling passive candidates, market intelligence gathering, target company/organization mapping and org charting, pipeline building.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to influence and build support for ideas and initiatives.
- Exceptional candidate assessment skills and behavioral interviewing techniques
- A learner. Intellectually curious. Passionate about science.
- Team player. Able to contribute to the overall goals of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree – Advanced degree preferred
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.