Cellarity, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach. Cellarity was founded by Flagship Pioneering, a team of entrepreneurial scientists that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has created over 75 groundbreaking companies that are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), Kaleido Biosciences (KLDO), and Indigo Agriculture. Cellarity is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our team.
Cellarity is seeking a talented and highly motivated Scientist with expertise in the field of immuno-oncology to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel discovery approaches based on cell behavior. The candidate will be working under the supervision of a Group Lead and will be responsible for establishing robust cell-based assays and animal models to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased cell states. The successful candidate will work closely with members of Cellarity’s AI and Technology team to rapidly advance discovery programs within our immune-oncology portfolio. They will be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, results oriented, with excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish robust cell-based assays pertinent to tumor immunology
- Generate and validate data-driven hypotheses
- Design and critically analyze in vivo/ex vivo studies
- Design and perform time sensitive experiments and drive discovery programs under the direction of Group Lead.
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute project objectives.
- Mentor and manage junior scientist and associates.
- Present at group, company, and external meetings/conferences
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- Ph.D. in immunology or immuno-oncology with 3+ years of relevant post-Ph.D. experience in Biotech/Pharma required
- Expertise in phenotypical and functional characterization of primary immune cells from human and murine origin with broad experience in assessing innate (myeloid) and acquired (T cell) immune cell function.
- Expertise in flow cytometry including designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry panels
- Expertise in assay development and complex cell-based assays
- In-depth ex vivo experience and analysis
- Ability to work independently, generate, analyze and interpret data with scientific rigor and open mind
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner
- Previous experience with small molecule therapeutics would be plus
- Organoid culture experience would be a plus
- Hands-on experience with animal models would be a plus
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.