Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-doseable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The Director of a specific Disease program will be responsible for one or more pre-clinical programs across indications, involving one or multiple molecular entities. Under the guidance of the Translation Head the director with the translation team will be responsible for design, implementation, and execution of a pre-clinical development program in one a few indications to support decision milestones for a path towards clinical development.
- Under the guidance of the Translation Head, develop and execute the pre-clinical strategy for a number of disease indications
- Serve as project leader to strategize and execute a development program for a number of disease indications
- Develop an integrated development plan for executing the pre-clinical experiments followed by IND enabling studies.
- Leads the creation of pre-clinical components of key documents, interactions with various CROs conducting pre-clinical and IND enabling studies.
- Participates in interactions with external stakeholders (e.g., regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders, pre- Clinical Operations, Project Management, Research, Technology Development, Manufacturing, Global Medical Affairs), and internal decision committees
Qualifications and Experience:
- PhD/MD/VMD or equivalent
- At least 5 years of post-doctoral experience in pre-clinical research in an industry or academic institution
- Experience with IND enabling studies and toxicology studies
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication skills with a documented track record of delivering high quality projects
- Advanced knowledge in gene therapy, training or extensive experience in rare diseases, ophthalmologic diseases, genetic disorders, neurosciences, and/or cardiovascular diseases, with the capability to innovate in pre-clinical development study designs
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.