Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine BiologyTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Scientist to join our Immunology/Immuno-Oncology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist with a strong knowledge of Immunology and its application to disease in an academic and industry/biotech setting. (S)he will be responsible for leading scientific projects and leveraging the Inzen platform to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets for oncology and immune-mediated diseases.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. S(he) should be a skilled scientist, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Identify, evaluate, design and execute experimental plans for validation of novel targets in the immunooncology area.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the company to on new target identification projects in immune-oncology and immune-mediated diseases
- Responsibilities will include in vitro assay development in vitro, developing in vivo models, data generation and analysis, and communication to scientific team and executive management.
- Manage external research relationships with academic and commercial partners.
- Help lead strategy and planning of early-stage research programs, including identifying, evaluating, and championing new ideas and technologies.
- Ph.D. in immunology, biological sciences, bioengineering, or related field, with a strong focus on innate immunity and/or macrophage biology. For Senior Scientist, additional 3-4 experience post Ph.D. in relevant laboratory experience in academic (post-doctoral), pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings. BS/MS with 10 years of experience will be considered.
- Deep knowledge of innate immunology, macrophage/DC biology, cell signaling, and associated lab techniques. Experience with nucleic acid sensing pathways is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in executing research programs, with a track record of top tier publications, patents, or similar.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing small, agile teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.