What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
This is your opportunity to join Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
In this role, reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition and Operations, you would use your insatiable curiosity and creative problem-solving skills to help bring our function to the next level. Talent Operations at Flagship is a still emerging function and this role is newly created to support the growth of our team of highly motivated, passionate recruiters as we work to build out the next round of Flagship companies – from ProtoCo through GrowthCo spinout.
You will be maintaining and constantly improving our current talent systems and processes, while keeping your finger on the pulse of the market for tools that can help our recruiters, hiring managers, coordinators, candidates and all other stakeholders have an easy and seamless experience. As a scientific organization, we are data enthusiasts at Flagship. As such, you will be responsible for finding new and creative ways to manipulate and present actionable insights from talent data, building dashboards and reports for key stakeholders across the organization.
Flagship is an experiment in institutional, entrepreneurial, innovation practiced in the context of a small company with an insurgent mindset. We are seeking individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong communication skills, and comfort working in and contributing to a dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The level of the role will commensurate with the education and years of experience of the identified candidate.
- Subject Matter Expert for recruiting tools including ATS (Greenhouse), CRM (eightfold), DocuSign, Crosschq, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve most systems problems independently and with a “teaching through solving” mentality, further empowering all stakeholders
- Experience identifying, evaluating and implementing recruiting tools and systems
- Build upon existing reporting capabilities, streamlining what’s working and eliminating what’s not. Develop meaningful dashboards and integrate across data sources.
- Process optimization of the entire recruiting lifecycle, working closely with the VP of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Intelligence Team and the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to understand the unique needs of Executive Level Recruitment and Non-Executive Level Recruitment.
- Training and development, creating training guides and documentation around all systems.
- 8-12 years of experience in recruiting and related systems. Prior experience in the shoes of a recruiter strongly preferred.
- 3+ Years of experience in Talent Systems administration, data management and systems analyses. (Experience with Greenhouse ATS required)
- Ability to tell stories with data via PowerPoint and other methods
- Advanced data management, manipulation and management skills using Tableau or other tools. Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience in a hypergrowth environment
- Biotech or high-tech experience
- Advanced degree in a technical science, such as informatics, statistics, etc.
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.