Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine BiologyTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Scientist to join our Fibrosis & Regeneration group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat fibrotic diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist with a strong background in fibrotic disease to join the Fibrosis & Regeneration team as a Scientist, Fibrosis. In this position, the successful candidate will develop assays to identify and validate novel targets in fibrotic disease. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally grounded in the fundamental biology of fibrotic disease across a range of indications including IPF, NASH, renal, pancreatic, systemic sclerosis, cardiac and/or myelofibrosis. S(h)e will have broad expertise in developing and applying disease relevant cellular models of fibrosis to demonstrate therapeutic potential of novel mechanisms. They will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will lead to novel drug concepts against these targets.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. S(he) should be a skilled scientist and excellent communicator, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Design and optimize physiologically relevant readouts of fibrotic disease.
- Demonstrate efficacy and therapeutic potential of novel fibrotic mechanisms
- Data driven assessment of target translatability from preclinic to clinic
- Help lead strategy and planning of early-stage research programs, including identifying, evaluating, and championing new ideas and technologies.
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists and research associates.
- Lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners.
- PhD degree with up to 2 years’ experience or BS or MS degree with 7+ years relevant experience in fibrotic disease drug discovery.
- Possesses detailed and expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts in the pathophysiology of fibrotic disease
- Extensive experience in identifying and validating novel drug targets in fibrotic disease
- Strong background in developing and optimizing physiologically relevant cellular readouts of fibrotic disease.
- Demonstrated success in executing research programs, with a track record of top tier publications, patents, or similar.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages to many audiences
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.