Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages ThanokinesTM, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the ThanokinesTM that are released. ThanokinesTM can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that ThanokinesTM play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine BiologyTM for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Senior Scientist-In vivo Pharmacology to join our Immunology/Immuno-Oncology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist strong scientific background and laboratory skills in oncology and immuno-oncology with broad experience developing therapeutic approaches using in vivo models. Experience assessing immunologic endpoints and readouts is preferred.
(S)he will be responsible for in vivo modelling and translational studies supporting Inzen’s first Oncology and IO programs. We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. S(he) should be a skilled scientist, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Design and execution of in vivo pharmacology studies to support Inzen’s oncology and immuno-oncology programs.
- Identify, develop and validate in vivo models that enable MoA studies, and build pharmacologic relationships between drug exposure, target engagement and pharmacodynamic biomarkers.
- Work collaboratively with the other groups to develop and execute ex vivo assays to monitor program-specific immune readouts.
- Conduct data analyses and effectively document and communicate results.
- Work with CROs on external study design and management.
- Contribute to writing of technical and regulatory documents
- Contribute knowledge and technical expertise in immunology and/or cancer biology to the generation of novel therapeutic strategies and programs.
- Ph.D. in pharmacology, cancer biology, immunology or related field, with a strong focus on development and characterization of in vivo models, or BS/MS with 8-10 years of experience. For Senior Scientist, additional 3-4 experience post Ph.D. in relevant laboratory experience in academic (post-doctoral), pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings.
- Deep knowledge of disease-relevant mouse models of cancer is required. Ideally, the candidate will have familiarity with pharmacological evaluation of drug candidates in cancer models.
- Demonstrated proficiency with animal care and use procedures, and hands-on experience in small animal care, oral, intravenous, and intraperitoneal dosing and tissue processing.
- Familiarity with inflammation, and/or autoimmunity models is a plus.
- Experience with FACS-based phenotyping and functional analysis of immune cells using multicolor flow cytometry is a plus.
- Experience working with CROs to carry out pharmacology, safety, and PK/PD studies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.