Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring ThanokineTM Biology as a surprising and important driver of disease. While the ability of living cells to respond to messages from other living cells is a well-established concept, Inzen has identified that living cells also respond to messages released by cells as they undergo turnover and die. We call these messages Thanokines, and the way a cell undergoes turnover dramatically alters the Thanokines that are released. Thanokines can elicit a broad array of responses in living cells, and we have demonstrated that Thanokines play a previously unrecognized role in the pathogenesis of a number of important diseases. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating Thanokine Biology for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an organization dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Scientist or Senior Scientist to join our Exploratory Biology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist with a strong molecular biology and virology background to join the Exploratory Biology team as a Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Viral Vector Engineering and Production. In this position, the successful candidate will design and build Inzen’s viral vector platforms for the delivery of genetic payloads. The ideal candidate will have broad expertise with virus engineering and production, including Adenovirus, HSV, Vaccinia or AAV, as well as experience designing and generating viral vectors to deliver genetic payloads in a variety of expression systems. They will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will lead to novel drug concepts against these targets.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. S(he) should be a skilled scientist and excellent communicator, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Design viral vectors to package and deliver novel Inzen technologies
- Engineer, produce, validate and analyze viral systems for transgene delivery.
- Develop genetic systems to produce recombinant HSV, AAV, lentivirus and retrovirus for gene and cell therapy
- Design and optimize novel assays and robust models.
- Help lead strategy and planning of early-stage research programs, including identifying, evaluating, and championing new ideas and technologies.
- Lead and collaborate with other scientists and research associates.
- Lead external research relationships with academic and commercial partners.
- PhD degree with up to 4 years’ industry experience or BS or MS degree with 8+ years relevant experience in virology, synthetic biology, or a related field.
- Extensive experience with virus production and cell culture, including virus engineering, viral transduction and titering in cell lines and primary cells.
- HSV, Vaccinia, adenovirus or AAV virus production and purification, including protocol development
- Familiarity with general molecular biology (e.g. synthetic molecular systems, promoter selection, etc.)
- Demonstrated success in executing research programs, with a track record of top tier publications, patents, or similar.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing small, agile teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.