What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, Flagship Labs, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Flagship Pioneering is seeking an experienced In-House Paralegal to provide corporate, compliance, administrative, and other necessary support to the Flagship Labs Finance Team, which incorporates and supports 20-25 companies per year on average. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to work for a single company but manage a large portfolio of corporate entities and their complex governance, debt and vendor matters. With an opportunity to expand their knowledge base into new areas if so desired. The Paralegal is accountable for ensuring good record-keeping practices and appropriate administrative and office practices are in place to support the efficient operations of the department and myriad companies it supports. The position requires broad judgment, independent thinking, strong organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and ability to work cooperatively with internal teams and external third parties. The In-House Paralegal will also work closely with the firm’s in-house corporate counsel.
The In-House Paralegal will provide the following services for all of the corporate entities supported by the Flagship Labs Finance Team:
- Assist in the preparation and review of Board and committee meeting materials, including minutes, resolutions, and written Board and Shareholder consents
- Implement processes for creating and maintaining minute books and corporate records for each corporate entity and organizing corporate filings and other governance materials
- Support equity and debt financings, including taking lead in drafting disclosure schedules, compiling key diligence materials and reviewing closing certificates
- Maintain corporate records, including documents for formation, dissolution, equity and debt financings, annual reports and lender reports
- Prepare, file and maintain all foreign qualifications and other state filings for multiple entities
- Maintain portfolio company equity plans and grants leveraging Carta
- Track all company real estate contracts, including letters of intent, leases, subleases, license agreements and other related ancillary documentation
- Assist with corporate governance matters, projects and research, and support the day-to-day management of multiple entities
- Maintain Property, General Liability and D&O Questionnaires and ownership of related party affiliations master list
- Interface with Flagship legal department, outside counsel, cross functional teams and external parties, to gather and direct information
- Support financing and business development transactions, including dataroom creation and maintenance
- Evaluate, recommend and implement project management system for tracking and managing governance actions for multiple legal entities (coordinating needs/requirements between corporate legal, contracts administration and Flagship Labs Finance Team)
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc items as needed as requested by the Finance Department.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Paralegal Certification required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a corporate paralegal (in-house or in a law firm)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively internally with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization and externally with multiple stakeholders, including outside counsel
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge in areas of key accountabilities
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to support a fast-paced business
- Ability to work well independently and with others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks and high volume of work in a team-based environment and consistently meet deadlines
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.