Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional computational scientist to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated computational scientist interested in developing, learning and applying your skills to develop impactful new medicines? If so, FL75 is looking for you. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and as part of a highly integrated team.
- You will be required to develop and apply computational biology and machine learning tools to generate insights and hypotheses from high-dimensional molecular datasets, including scRNA-seq and proteomics with room to develop skills on new data sets.
- You will integrate data types across multiple tissue types to build the computational platform.
- You will develop data analysis strategies and lead computational analyses on diverse biological and clinically relevant projects.
- You will be required to interface with computational scientists at other Flagship companies in collaborations.
- You will be required to present your results in an interdisciplinary team of biologists and technologists at company meetings and strategic program readouts.
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in related discipline, or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees in orthogonal fields such as physics & mathematics are very much welcome, but you would need to have shown demonstrable evidence of biological experience.
- Demonstrated scientific understanding of molecular biology, diverse molecular data types and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills, preferably in Python.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We would like to see your GitHub repository or papers that can showcase this. If you are from biotech/pharma, we would ask you share (where you can) your experiences with a focus on your role and what you specifically contributed to in a program.
- Experience with biological and medical data from diverse tissue types.
- Experience working with experimental scientists to design experiments and establish new data modalities.
- Ability to Google error messages and seek resolution from self-investigation and/or get advice from the rest of the crew.
- Interested in learning any of the above.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.