Flagship Labs 75, Inc. (FL75) is a privately held, early stage biotechnology company that is pioneering the development of multi-specific medicines to deliberately and systematically drug complex biology. FL75 is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional protein engineer to join our team.
FL75 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY) and Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, more than 500 issued patents and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated protein engineer interested in developing, learning and applying your skills to develop impactful new medicines? If so, FL75 is looking for you. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, working both independently and as part of a highly integrated team.
- You will innovate, drive and oversee the design, production and characterization of new classes of proteins and other biologic molecules of interest.
- You will utilize protein engineering (rational design and library approaches) to improve the functionality and developability of novel biological modalities.
- You will characterize biologic modalities at biochemical, biophysical and cellular levels.
- You will work with a cross-functional team to contribute to the vision, strategy and tactics of the organization.
- You will identify and manage external partners, including CROs and CMOs.
- PhD in related discipline with 2+ years of industry or post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with recombinant protein expression.
- Experience engineering novel protein binders using library-based display technologies.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Background in protein structure, function, engineering and optimization.
- Experience with kinetic and biophysical protein characterization.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.