What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform healthcare and sustainability?
Serqet Therapeutics is one of the latest companies founded through Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics, Rubius Therapeutics, and Evelo Therapeutics were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents. Serqet therapeutics is integrating the latest developments in computational and experimental biology to discover novel therapeutics for a broad range of diseases.
Serqet Therapeutics is seeking an experienced and highly motivated contract Research Associate specializing in molecular biology techniques to join our discovery biology team. The successful candidate will support the needs of the early target discovery team and platform development efforts by analyzing gene expression changes utilizing routine molecular biology techniques and performing in silico vector design. A strong background in molecular biology techniques with the ability to perform experiments independently in a fast-paced environment are essential. This role is a 6-month contract role.
- Perform RNA extraction of large numbers of samples and perform/assist in downstream expression analyses, including but not limited to, cDNA synthesis and qPCR according to SOPs.
- Design fit-for-purpose vectors and molecular cloning strategy (restriction enzyme cloning, Gibson assembly, etc.) to support genetic engineering platform development, including the generation of large insert donor vectors and lentiviral vectors for expression in human iPSCs.
- Maintain organized stocks of vectors for use in cell culture experiments using routine microbiology tasks including bacterial transformation, plating, culturing, and DNA purification. Lentiviral packaging, concentration, and titer determination.
- Clearly communicate results and recommendations to colleagues, managers, and senior management, while providing technique-based advice on project decision-making.
- Maintain diligent and organized records.
- Hands-on experience with 10x scRNAseq and NGS applications.
- Familiarity with Benchling for record keeping and documentation.
- BSc or MSc degree, or equivalent, in molecular biology, genomics, biology, or biomedical engineering with at least 1-2 years of relevant industry or academic research experience.
- Hands-on practical experience in molecular biology techniques along with advanced understanding of vector design and molecular cloning strategies for genome engineering applications.
- An interest to train in and contribute to NGS-method development and execution preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to work independently and on a team.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.