Empress Therapeutics Inc. is an early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering. Empress is pioneering medicines based on a novel category of molecules that play a fundamental role in human-microbe communication.
Empress Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $19+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking an experienced Lab Manager with excellent interpersonal and managerial skills to manage and maintain Empress Therapeutics labs and operations.
The Lab Manager plays a vital role in the overall organization, operation, and safety of the lab. The Lab Manager will collaborate with R&D members to provide general support of their studies. The successful candidate will have demonstrated a successful track record in laboratory and team management. The candidate will be well versed in permitting, training and reporting requirements as set forth by local, state, and federal regulations. Most importantly, the right candidate will be confident, passionate, execution focused, team oriented and will have a can-do attitude and the ability to motivate others.
- Space and work-flow planning, including planning and project management of moves and build-outs.
- Implement and maintain lab inventory system and handle ordering of common supplies, including consumables, liquid nitrogen/cell storage, chemical reagents.
- Write and oversee lab safety and operational protocols; effectively communicate and enforce safety rules, conduct orientation and annual safety training for all lab personnel.
- Oversee facility operations, including: equipment sourcing, procurement, maintenance; managing/tracking of biohazardous and chemical waste; and maintaining of overall lab organization and cleanliness.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors and laboratory service providers; serve as primary emergency response contact.
- Assist project teams on general operational and coordination issues, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science program preferred (e.g. biology, chemistry, etc.)
- 6+ years of laboratory management experience
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with data base/spreadsheet experience
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.