Ring Therapeutics Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a completely novel form of gene therapy by exploiting a family of naturally occurring commensal viruses to create the first re-dosable and targetable DNA medicines. This approach enables a powerful new class of tropic, persistent, non-integrating vectors that overcome the immunogenicity, and limited tropism of existing gene therapy vectors. Ring Therapeutics is leveraging this versatile technology to develop a broad pipeline of novel, targeted medicines for disease with high unmet medical need.
Ring Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, focused on launching breakthrough companies based on internally conceived innovations and insights. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Moderna (MRNA), Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
Ring Therapeutics is seeking a protein engineering scientist to join the Structural Biology team to help develop new viral vector-based therapeutics. The candidate will have demonstrated success in the area of protein engineering, design, and/or selection, particularly as it relates to the creation of novel antibodies. The candidate will be responsible for designing, expressing, and purifying engineered therapeutic proteins such as antibodies and other ligand-binding proteins. The candidate will design and perform experiments, and comprehensively present data to a team with diverse backgrounds. The candidate will interface with equipment companies, research institutes/universities, and contract research or manufacturing organizations as required to accelerate the development effort. This will be a great opportunity to participate in the development of novel gene therapies and viral vectors. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working both with a team and independently on various aspects of the viral platform development.
- Design of novel antibody or other therapeutic proteins to target a specific antigen.
- Expression, purification, and evaluation of engineered proteins such as antibodies.
- Work closely with viral vector design team to refine therapeutic protein designs, making them suitable for vector delivery.
- Develop analytical methods appropriate for antibody discovery (SPR/Octet, SEC-MALS and DLS, ELISA, or other biophysical methods).
- Supervise research associates supporting key research objectives.
- Maintaining lab notebooks, and reporting data and analysis results to the scientific team.
- Ph.D. in structural biology, protein biochemistry or related field.
- 2-5 years of postdoctoral experience, in academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology settings.
- Experience with
- Computational prediction of protein structure and antibody binding (Rosetta, Molecular Operating Environment (MOE), or similar).
- Design of mammalian, and/or E. coli recombinant protein expression vectors.
- Expression and purification of proteins, demonstrating retention of protein function.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
- Confident, execution focused, team oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.