What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL65, Inc. is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform to deconvolute and leverage complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company uses a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning, and big data to multi-omics with delivery innovations and high-throughput screening.
FL65 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
FL65 is seeking to hire an innovative and highly motivated Formulations Scientist to join us in developing a transformative platform for small molecule delivery. As a member of this early team of scientists, you can expect to engage deeply in interdisciplinary research. Employees will enjoy a dynamic, rapidly expanding organization that will have a broad impact on human health. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and optimize novel lipid formulations for small molecule delivery systems, while providing critical input on our overall formulation strategy;
- Develop loading/encapsulation strategies for various classes of cargo;
- Develop novel in vitro and in vivo assays for evaluating functionality, targeting efficiency and potency of novel delivery modalities for oral and various other administration routes; and
- Execute experiments that will serve as the basis for the company’s ongoing platform and intellectual property development.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Molecular biology, Immunology or related discipline, with at least 3+ years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, or industry settings;
- Demonstrated strong background in developing diverse formulation and lipid nanoparticle-based delivery systems;
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo reporters and disease models for the delivery of small molecules;
- Execution-focused, team-oriented, and highly motivated, with strong work ethic;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects concurrently and collaborate across disciplines
- Strong verbal, written communication and problem-solving skills; and
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, innovative environment.
- Experience with exogenous loading of liposomes, exosomes, or related vesicles;
- Experience with HPLC, LC-MS, proteomics and lipidomics is preferred.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.