What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
Flagship Labs, FL70, Inc is integrating the latest developments in molecular and plant biology to create a new platform technology that enables adaptive, targeted, and sustainable solutions in agriculture.
FL70 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a highly-motivated Senior Research Associate to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in developing molecular assays in diverse plant and microorganism systems. The role requires strong practical background in plant pathology, molecular biology, and/or microbiology. The successful candidate is organized, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and an integral part of a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary team. Excellent communication, record-keeping, and teamwork are essential. The level of the role will be commensurate based on experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct experiments to characterize plant-microorganism interaction
- Perform molecular assays for experimental readouts
- Ability to independently troubleshoot, solve difficult problems, and propose solutions related to assay design and execution
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Assist with lab management tasks, including ordering and general organization
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Plant Pathology, Microbiology or a related discipline
- 3+ years professional laboratory experience, experience working in industry is a plus
- Strong expertise in plant biology, cell culture, and bacterial culture
- Experience with reporter detection assays (e.g. Luciferase, EGFP)
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including qPCR, Western blot and NGS library preparation, protein, DNA and RNA purification
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work with a diverse interdisciplinary team
- Enthusiasm for science and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-paced research and development effort
- Adaptive and a quick learner, efficient in multitasking and troubleshooting
- A strong self-starter, results-oriented with a strong attention to detail
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.