What if…you could join an organization that creates, resources, and builds life sciences companies that invent breakthrough technologies in order to transform health care and sustainability?
FL65 is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company developing a platform to deconvolute and leverage complex molecular interactions within organisms to solve global challenges in human health and sustainability. The company uses a multidisciplinary approach that integrates tools ranging from machine learning and big data to multi-omics and high-throughput screening.
FL65 was founded in Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to manage the day-to-day operations in a start-up biotech environment. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to help build and grow an organization. The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, be able to be flexible with exceptional multi-tasking skills to manage competing priorities.
In this critical role, you will serve as the primary day-to-day interface between our company and its service providers, vendors, and consultants. This position requires great attention to detail, organization, and professionalism, and the ability to maintain an efficient business environment. This position is full-time.
- Proactively identify the needs to build and run daily office activities including establishing and maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems, and mail.
- Manage office systems including document control, filing systems, information systems, and inventory control.
- Manage activities related to ordering and receiving of supplies and day-to-day interactions with vendors including facilities, purchasing, IT, HR, finance, and legal service providers.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support as needed to key members of the Company, Management Team, and Consultants including scheduling business meetings, as well as travel support. The need for this support will change as the organization grows.
- Proactively collaborate with other administrative staff members in collaboration and coordination of calendars, requests, and events.
- Work with team to assist with prospective candidates, including interview scheduling, travel support, and logistics.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1+ year administrative/office management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in a start-up environment is strongly preferred; biotech experience will be favorably considered.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professional maturity to readily understand priorities and anticipate needs.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver on the most critical assignments on time and within budget.
- Must have a positive “can do” attitude, be a consummate team player, show excellent judgment as well as work well independently.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint along with experience setting up systems and databases.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including attention to detail and ability to effectively multi-task with a willingness to perform a wide range of tasks including working with confidential information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high standard of confidentiality.