Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company exploring cellular turnover as a surprising and important driver of disease. Turnover is a fundamental feature of every cell in the human body, occurring more than 30 billion times per hour. However, this process often goes awry in disease. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating cellular turnover for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an institute dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the challenge and opportunity to work at an early stage, big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking a Scientist to join our Exploratory Biology group, which is focused on identifying and prosecuting new targets and first-in-class drug concepts to treat serious diseases based on new insights into cellular turnover.
The candidate will be an ambitious, accomplished scientist with a strong track record and hands-on expertise in methodology to identify and validate new drug targets. (S)he will be responsible for leading scientific projects and leveraging their expertise in cell and molecular biology methods across a broad spectrum of diseases to identify novel therapeutic targets. They will champion innovative scientific concepts, execute experimental plans, and create data packages that will lead to novel drug concepts against these targets.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. S(he) should be a skilled scientist, innovative, and comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and validate new drug targets using a range of modalities including genetic, small -molecules and biologics.
- Ensuring delivery of robust high and medium throughput assays to support drug discovery
- Drive novel science by establishing new methods, assays and applications in the study of cellular turnover.
- Deliver rigorous data packages and incisive analyses that inform and enable project progression.
- Collaborate with team members in Data Sciences and disease area experts to identify and validate new disease targets.
- Keep abreast of current literature and potentially lead external collaborations.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Bio-engineering or related field + 2-5 years of industry experience in identifying and validating new drug targets across therapeutic areas such as oncology, metabolic disease, renal disease, aging/ senescence and/ or tissue remodeling.
- Hands-on expertise in developing, executing, and interpreting quantitative phenotypic readouts that recapitulate key facets of disease using complex cellular models such as primary cells, iPSCs, and co-culture systems.
- Direct experience in developing and implementing a strategy of assays that support early lead ID efforts all the way through to hit/ target validation
- Familiarity with genetic manipulation techniques such as CRISPRi/a.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to clearly convey complex messages to many audiences.
- Confident, execution-focused, team-oriented.
Flagship Pioneering is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.