Flagship Labs 72, Inc. (FL72) is a well-funded, early stage biotechnology company founded by Flagship Pioneering that is developing a new category of immune therapeutics. FL72 was founded through Flagship’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist with extensive experience in computational protein design and bioinformatics to help build of our new class of immune therapeutics. The ideal candidate will a deep understanding of structure-function relationships and the proven ability to develop innovative algorithms that further probe the space. The candidate must be independent, curious, goal oriented, and able to multitask across projects. The candidate will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, demonstrate strong communication skills, and be comfortable working in and contributing to a very dynamic and cross-functional team environment.
- Develop and apply computational tools for protein design
- Build bioinformatic pipelines to glean insights from proprietary and public datasets
- Integrate closely with immunology and protein sciences teams to directly develop and guide the experimental work
- Communicate results to the scientific team and executive management
- Develop relationships with Flagship’s data science community and manage external consultants as needed
- PhD within computational biology/chemistry, structural biology, biophysics, or relevant areas with 0-3 years of post-doc or industry experience
- Deep experience with computational protein design (e.g. Rosetta)
- An understanding of enzyme/protein structure-function relationships
- Experience in antibody paratope-epitope modeling is a plus
- Ability to use structural biology graphics packages to inform protein design problems
- Experience with cloud or high-performance computing (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience in AI/ML to model sequence and biological data is a huge plus
- Motivated and curious, experienced working with biologists and multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical setting
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.