Cellarity is the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors. The company’s broad platform harnesses single-cell technologies and machine learning to digitize and quantify cellular behaviors, unravel the network dynamics that govern those behaviors, and generate medicines that can direct them. Cellarity is using its platform to design medicines targeting the full cellular and molecular complexity of disease, enabling a quantum leap in the success rate and speed of drug discovery, design and development. For additional information, visit www.Cellarity.com.
Cellarity was founded in Flagship Pioneering’s venture creation engine, where companies such as Moderna Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), and Editas Medicines (NASDAQ: EDIT) were conceived and created. Since Flagship’s founding in 2000, the firm has originated and fostered the development of more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Are you a highly motivated and organized computational scientist who is enthusiastic about developing, learning, and applying your computational skills to understand complex biological systems?
You’ll get the opportunity to work in an innovative computational team, driven to deliver high impact results. You will be in an early group of pioneers developing the world's first AI platform that unveils the causes of emergent disease based on cellular understanding.
You will begin your career at Cellarity with a slew of world-class computational biologists and machine learning scientists (https://cellarity.com/the-team), biologists (co-developing hypotheses), and technologists (co-developing proprietary data assets).
If you think you can contribute to any of these aspects/capabilities that we are building, and are keen on testing your hypotheses and learning from some of the best scientists, whilst getting to work with proprietary and relevant data sets, then we are looking for you.
- You will be required to develop and apply computational biology and machine learning tools to generate insights and hypotheses from high-dimensional molecular datasets, with an initial focus on scRNA-seq with room to develop skills on new data sets. As a bonus, you’ll get to see how those predictions can be tested rapidly in lab to further optimize your initial predictions.
- You will develop data analysis strategies and lead computational analyses on diverse biological and clinically relevant projects.
- You will be required to collaborate closely with experimental scientists from various teams to ensure that data is being fully utilized and interrogated to deliver high value readouts.
- You will be required to present your results in an interdisciplinary team of biologists, technologists and other machine learning colleagues at company meetings and strategic program readouts
- Ph.D. or Master's degree in biology, computational biology or related scientific. Advanced degrees in orthogonal fields such as physics & mathematics field are very much welcome but you would need to have shown demonstrable evidence of biological experience
- Demonstrated scientific understanding of molecular and systems biology, diverse molecular data types and analysis tools.
- Practical programming and scripting skills, preferably in Python.
- Fast learner, analytical thinker, creative, "hands-on", strong communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- We would like to see your GitHub repository or papers that can show case this. If you are from biotech/pharma, we would ask you share (where you can), your experiences with a focus on your role and what you specifically contributed to in a program.
- Experience with biological, medical, chemical data
- Experience with emergent behavior in complex systems, time series analysis, causal inference, domain adaptation, transfer learning, multi-modal deep learning, geometric deep learning (learning on graphs and/or manifolds)
- Ability to Google error messages and seek resolution from self investigation and/or get advice from the rest of the crew
- Interested in learning any of the above
Start Date: Immediately
More About Flagship Pioneering
We are creative optimists and we would love for you to consider joining our team! See all our open opportunities across Flagship Pioneering’s Ecosystem!
Flagship Pioneering conceives, creates, resources, and develops first-in-category life sciences companies to transform human health and sustainability. Since its launch in 2000, the firm has applied a unique hypothesis-driven innovation process to originate and foster more than 100 scientific ventures, resulting in over $34 billion in aggregate value. To date, Flagship is backed by more than $4.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments, of which over $1.9 billion has been deployed toward the founding and growth of its pioneering companies alongside more than $10 billion of follow-on investments from other institutions. The current Flagship ecosystem comprises 41 transformative companies, including: Axcella Health (NASDAQ: AXLA), Denali Therapeutics (NASDAQ: DNLI), Evelo Biosciences (NASDAQ: EVLO), Foghorn Therapeutics, Indigo Ag, Kaleido Biosciences (NASDAQ: KLDO), Moderna (NASDAQ: MRNA), Rubius Therapeutics (NASDAQ: RUBY), Sana Biotechnology, Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MCRB), and Syros Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: SYRS).
We believe pioneering is best done by teams, and that it is a process that can be taught, learned, and replicated. Learn more about our Company Creation Model.
Can Breakthrough Innovations Be Made Systematically? A Conversation With Noubar Afeyan, Flagship Pioneering’s CEO.