Tessera Therapeutics is pioneering Gene Writing to cure disease. Our genome is a mosaic comprising genes that protect us from, predispose us to, and cause disease. Gene Editing biotechnologies heralded the era of genome-modifying medicines, but they cannot address most diseases. Gene Writing is a new biotechnology that writes therapeutic messages into the genome to cure thousands of diseases at their source.
Tessera Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna (MRNA), Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health (AXLA), Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.
The delivery biology group is seeking a curious, creative, and driven Associate Scientist to join our team to help advance the platform research of gene writing. The individual will join a group of scientists and researchers that are charged with carrying out studies to better understand the biology of delivering DNA and RNA GeneWriters in vitro and in vivo. This position will be highly collaborative among delivery biology team and across the entire research organization. This position will afford several opportunities for scientific growth and is an excellent opportunity to receive top-tier mentoring and career development.
- Mammalian tissue culture (primary and culture cell lines)
- Design and optimization of transfection and electroporation conditions
- Perform in vitro assays using cell and tissue samples (protein and nucleic acid related)
- Preparation of tissue homogenates from animal studies
- Attention to detail and ability to comfortably work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented biotech culture
- M.S. or B.S. in biologic sciences or related field with 4+ years of research experience
- Knowledge of and proficiency with mammalian cell culture including transfection/electroporation of nucleic acids
- Experience with reporter assays (luciferase, fluorescence), in vitro assay, and preparation of cell lysates/tissue homogenates
- Attention to detail, critical analysis of data, and good troubleshooting skills
- Meticulously maintain records and organize reports, documents, and material inventories
- Demonstrate determination, flexibility and ability to learn quickly
Preferred Qualifications (not absolute requirements):
- 2+ years of industry sponsored research experience
- Experience with AAV transduction of culture and/or primary cells
- Familiarity with lab automation (e.g., Agilent BRAVO)
- Knowledge of gene editing methodologies/technologies
- Immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, and microscopy of cell and tissue samples
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.